Monday, November 7, 2011

Hot Stuff

The other day I received an email from a lady who works in my building.  She needed help and was frustrated that a new person on our team was not as responsive to her request as she is accustomed.

In her email she thanked me for helping her and was glad I don't think I'm 'hot stuff' like some others.

I replied to her email and said....

"The only time I'm hot stuff is when I'm having a hot flash."

It's true.

Unfortunately, those unforgiving hot flashes are coming on in record numbers.

And the night sweats?  Ugh!

My doctor and I discussed the pros and cons of hormone replacement therapy about a month ago.  I was out of estrogen, my refill privileges had expired and I wanted to know his thoughts on the continued HRT.

His opinions were in line with my feelings and I decided to suspend the therapy.

Man.  It's as if the mere act of making the decision and walking out of his office flipped a switch, or amped up the frequency and intensity of the dreaded hot flashes.

I can't sleep.

I can't get comfortable.

I feel like I smell, all the time.

It's the pits, I tell you.

The PITS!

I'm going to go in for a second opinion.

What's your opinion?

No comments: