Friday, February 4, 2011

Cold and Weary

Whine!

Are you like me? So very tired of this cold weather!

The irony is, we don't have it near as bad as folks in the Midwest.

This week I have been thinking, wondering and thinking.....

Thinking about how grateful I am that we weren't caught in freezing cold storms on a freeway somewhere.

Wondering if people who were stuck had provisions to carry them through the long hours of being stranded.

Thinking about how I need to look at our car bag, packed for such emergencies, to ensure it is up-to-date.

This past fall we made little, portable heaters for our cars but I don't think we ever put them in the duffel bags. Silly!

This afternoon, Val and his Scouts are going up to the Ogden Valley to spend the night and participate in the annual Klondike. Oh my gosh.... it will be so cold!

It is an understatement to say, I am so grateful for my warm home, cozy blankets, warm clothing and all the food I need. It is so sad to think not everyone enjoys this same blessing.

Be warm!

No comments: