Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Poor Neighbors!

For some reason, when I was a little girl, I determined in my mind that people who let their window curtains billow outside the windows were poor.

As I grew, and so did the use of blinds, whenever I saw broken blinds, I also believed the residents were poor.

Now, I realize billowing curtains simply mean there aren't screens on the windows.

Broken blinds most likely indicate pets or children continually pulled on that section of blinds and they broke off. It doesn't indicate economic status.

Realizing folks aren't as concerned with the details, like me, is sometimes true, too.

Now that I'm a homeowner, I can't help but feel bad for the neighbors of people who don't seem to care about their yards.

Yard debris, overflowing trash cans in the front of the house (instead of in the back or side yard, hidden from view), toys scattered about, shoes, socks and other cast off items all help to create a picture of a disheveled home.

Today, I'm feeling really bad for my neighbors!

Orange peels, fast food bags, pop cans and other trash are revealing themselves after the snow melts. Courtesy of the strong winds we expereinced over the last few weeks, I'm sure!

Then there is the pile of yard decorations and patio furniture stacked, but not completely covered by the tarp that was once tightly secured around them for protection during the winter months.

When I look out the windows, I see all the ills of winter, calling for my attention.

I'd post a photo, but it's just too embarrassing!

My screens are intact.

We don't do blinds.

The trash can is in the backyard.

And if there are children's shoes or other apparel items, I don't know to whom they belong!

My yard is crying for some tender loving clean-up!

No comments: