Sunday, November 23, 2008

An Attitude of Gratitude

Although I always try to express gratitude, I'm grateful for Thanksgiving and the opportunity we have to pause and think about all we have and express appreciation for all of our wonderful blessings. I have so many blessings for which I'm thankful.

I'm grateful for my sweet, kind and loving parents, for the foundation they gave to me. I'm grateful for the sacrifices they made for me, for the love which they shared with me, for the life lessons they taught me, for my heritage.

My wonderful husband is such a blessing in my life. I'm grateful for him and to him. I'm thankful for his unconditional love, his kind and giving ways, his support. I love him for his valiant ways and the good example he is to me each day. I love how he serves our family and community. I love to see him interact with our children and grandchildren. He has a wonderful sense of humor and as my Mom always said... "He cleans up good!" He's my HBL.

Our children and grandchildren add completeness to my life and I'm so grateful for them, each one. I am so thankful for the opportunities we have to spend time together and make memories. I'm thankful for these memories that I can draw on when life is a little bumpy. I appreciate their love and acceptance of me.

Most importantly, I'm so very grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and my kind and loving Father in Heaven. All things come from Him. Everything that is virtuous, lovely or of good report comes from Him.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and may you too have an Attitude of Gratitude!

No comments: