Monday, February 18, 2008

The 5 Browns - Amazingly Wonderful!

This past weekend Val and I had such a wonderful time! As a Valentine gift, my Valentine gave me tickets to The 5 Browns concert at Kingsbury Hall on the University of Utah campus. They are 5 siblings from Alpine, Utah, trained in classical piano. They each attended Julliard School in NY. Anyhoo, it was a wonderful concert and weekend. Since we were going to be in SLC Saturday evening, I thought it would be fun to spend the weekend there, as well. So, after we went to the matinee' (Bucket List) with my Dad and sister, Margaret, we headed for the big city for fun and relaxation.

We stayed at the SLC Marriott Downtown, where I worked and where we had our wedding reception all those years ago. While downtown, we explored Temple Square and saw the new (to me) movie at Legacy Theater at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. The movie Joseph Smith; Prophet of the Restoration is a beautiful depiction of this wonderful man's life and all he suffered and acheived to bring to pass the translation of the Book of Mormon and restoration of the church of Jesus Christ.

Before we headed east to the U, we enjoyed a delicious dinner at Market Street Grill. I've never had a bad meal at that restaurant. The thick crust french bread is always a welcome treat after being seated. Then, the hot crab, artichoke and spinach dip was wunderbar. Val ordered shark with potatoes, broccoflower and Clam Chowder and I enjoyed my Alaskan Halibut Oscar with rice, broccoflower and mixed greens salad. For dessert, we ordered 4 layer chocolate cake, to go, and enjoyed it after the concert. Mmmmm!

While there isn't much going on downtown, due to the renovation, it was great to spend quality time with each other without everyday distractions. Despite the quietness of the city, I love it there!

1 comment:

Heather said...

SO glad you two were able to have a wonderful weekend. What an amazing concert to attend. Even with the construction Salt Lake still has much to offer.